Skip to main content
- Intro to AggieTravel
- AggieTravel is a Web based travel and entertainment system used by the UC Davis campus. When fully operational all UC employee travel will be paid via the web system. Advantages to the new system are faster processing times and the ability to track documents online.
- If you are an employee you will be required to create a profile in the system. Follow the steps below to create your AggieTravel account:
1. Create your personal profile.
a. Log onto AggieTravel using Kerberos password.
b Help on how to use AggieTravel can be obtained at the following sites:
• General Travel information.
• Training Tutorial
c. Click on the upper right icon that says profile with a silhouette inside. Go to Profile Settings
• Complete Personal Information
• Under "Expense Settings" tab click "Expense Delegates", Add delegates and save.
• Under "Expensive Settings" tab click "Expense Information", and set up default account, address, billing ID (ask Jeanene).
• Under "Expense Settings" click "Personal Car" and register your Personal Car.
d. Sign up for Direct Deposit if you want your reimbursement check to be directly deposited into your checking account.
• Instructions can be found on the Accounting & Financial Services
- Types of Forms
- • Expense reports: select this to report travel, entertainment and Corporate Card related expenses.
• Travel requests: can be used to request approval for a trip; it provides a summary of expected expenses.
• Per diem itineraries: create a detailed itinerary for per diem (foreign or long-term domestic) travel.
• Pre-trip payment: used to request payment prior to an approved trip, either to the traveler or to a vendor on the traveler’s behalf. Should not be used to request payment to the Corporate Card.
• Setup non-employee traveler: used to create a traveler profile for a non-employee traveler. The person requesting the traveler profile can prepare on behalf of the traveler, or give other delegates that ability.
• Mileage log form: use as supporting documentation for mileage-only travel expense reports.
- Creating an Expense Report
- 1. From AggieTravel Center, click ‘Expense’ tab.
2. Manage Expenses page will appear. Click ‘Create New Report’ and complete all the required fields (marked with a red color) and any optional fields necessary for reporting purposes. Click Next>> to complete the report header.
3. Search for expense type through the options provided and add appropriate expenses to the appropriate category.
4. Use the ‘Assign Accounts’ link(s) at either the expense or report level to specify the funding.
5. Click ‘Receipts’ tab to check if receipts are required and upload the required receipts. To upload receipts:
1. Find your report in displayed list
2. Click on the ‘Submit Receipts’ button
3. Click on the Browse button to select your PDF from your file folders
4. Select the PDF file and click Open, or double-click on the PDF file
5. Click the ‘Upload File’ button to complete the process
6. Click the ‘Submit Report’ link to complete and route your report; or select ‘Submit Report’ and ‘Ad Hoc’ to route the report to someone not in your normal approval chain
• If a delegate created the report and selected ‘Notify Employee’, an email will be sent to you to approve the accuracy of the travel expense report.
• YOU MUST ELECTRONICALLY APPROVE THE TRAVEL EXPENSE REPORT.
7. The report will be electronically reviewed and approved by the Account Manager delegate, a Financial Services supervisor. If changes are made, the report will once again go back to you for approval.
8. Campus accounts payable staff will then review, approve and cut you a reimbursement check or electronically deposit your reimbursement.
9. You will be able at any time after step 5 to check the status of the report online via the website. Emails can also be automatically generated informing you of the status of the report as directed in your profile setup in step 3.