Before you Submit
- Obtain approval of computer equipment orders prior to submitting your order by sending a request via email to Lisa Borchard. In your email, include the computer make and model and/or type of software and any additional items needed.
- Jeanene Hayes will submit approved orders through an ‘IT Get Help’ ticket. Jeanene will copy the original requestor for tracking and communication purposes.
- Purchasing computers and equipment for existing employees
- Repurposing existing computers
- Disposal of University IT/Electronics
- Purchasing additional software and licenses
Purchasing computers and equipment for existing employees
- Confirm computer is up for renewal with Jeanene Hayes based on the 4-year cycle or if computer is having performance issues and IET cannot resolve the issue. All computers are currently supported by a 4-year service warranty.
- After obtaining approval from unit director, select computer equipment preference from IET standard computer options.
- Send computer order request to Jeanene Hayes (new email distribution coming soon), include the following in your request:
- OCP standard computer option chosen.
- The OCP property number of the computer being replaced (located on computer).
- Additional cables needed if new computer equipment is different from replacement computer (HDMI, USB, etc.).
- If new monitors are needed or if the existing monitors will remain. Specify if monitor mounting arms will be required.
- Laptop docking station needed.
- Account/sub account to charge (if unsure refer to Jeanene and/or Lisa).
- Specify when you will need the computer and/or equipment.
- The name of the employee the computer will be assigned to and exact office location. (i.e. room 1342, cubicle 7)
- A contact name, email, and phone number.
Repurposing existing computers
Computers that are replaced often times may operate in a capacity where they could be repurposed for other uses within the department or organization. In this case, you may consider the following:
- Data and files to be moved, stored or erased before the computer will be repurposed.
- Is the computer being reassigned within your unit? To whom? Or will it be for general UE use?
- Does the computer need to be relocated?
Disposal of university IT/electronics
Notify Jeanene through email of any computer disposals prior to submitting a disposal request ticket IET Help Request.
- IET help request ticket should include the following information:
*Computers will be held in IT for 2 weeks and then all data will be erased prior to disposal.
Purchasing additional software and licenses
Information and Educational Technology (IET) provides support for ordering software and licenses. Choose software from OCP standard software.
If IET is unable to process your request, they will provide you with further instructions. To begin your request to IET, submit a support ticket here.
- Include the following information in your IET software or license request:
- Recharge (account) number. Always use sub account LICEN for licensing.
- Name of the software.
- Number of licenses needed.
- Whom the license(s) will be assigned to.
- Business purpose/justification for purchase.